Brand new for 2023 – Coaches Corner powered by Karsten Madsen
BC Bike Race and MAD Endurance have teamed up to offer you two eight-week programs to help you put your best foot forward in BCBR 2023.
With your registration you will have access to a professionally designed training plan on TrainingPeaks, without any additional cost. The plan can also be used on Zwift.
- *The first 8-week plan is about building base and strength
- *The second 8-week plan is about working on top end fitness and getting you to the start line fit, fast, healthy and rested.
- *During the race Karsten will be making himself available for athletes to get their question answered along with getting some tips in the Coaches corner powered by MAD Endurance.Karsten is a Professional Endurance Athlete, 5x Xterra Major title winner, 3x National Champion, placed 2nd overall in the 2019 Xterra Pam AM Tours and has raced the BC Bike Race in the past. When he’s not racing or training, he spends time coaching athletes to their goals in endurance sport. Furthermore, he will be leading some BCBR Group Rides and Workouts on Zwift.
BASIC PRINTABLE TRAINING PLAN
- Download Part 1– week 1-8 training plan
- Training Block – Your choice
- Download Part 2 – 2nd 8-week plan, Start May 8th – Race Day
PROFESSIONAL POWER BASED PLAN – ON TRAINING PEAKS
- Free Access to Join Training Peaks online platform – Registered Racers Only
As an athlete, you understand the importance of staying hydrated, especially during high-intensity training periods. See below for some additional information about proper hydration.
We hope these tips help you out!